Sunday, July 14, 2013

Finished Projects MId 2013

I'm probably missing a lot of finished projects, but these are the bigger ones that come to mind for now. So, that's what you'll get.  I'm almost 4 days past my due date, so there isn't much I've been knitting lately - but I have been spinning for Tour De Fleece 2013. You'll see pics from that in my next post.  But for now, some knitting pics. Because - knitting pics!

 This is the finished Daybreak made out of cascade. One + skiens of dark navy and the other of a red/navy variegated. I'm sorry it's a little washed out, but this was the best way to actually get across the pattern. The colors are so dark that it's a little hard to see the pattern otherwise. Stephen West is a genius and this is the 3rd one I've made. I've started a 4th now. Mostly because I am insane. I mean, I'd have to be, right?

Here's a picture of the Little Oak Cardigan in progress. This was the beginning, when I'd finished the bottom of the body, one sleeve, and had started the second sleeve.

Below is the finished sweater - 18 month size.





 Here's the detail on the buttons. I was really happy to find ones that really nicely set off the nice denim color of the sweater.

Below is my attempt to capture some of the detail on the sweater - specifically the oak leaves on the yoke. It turned out great! And it's big enough that the recipient, Mr. Miles, shouldn't be able to outgrow it until after this winter.

No comments: