Monday, April 23, 2012

Mid-April Project Progress.......

First off, Happy Six Month Anniversary to my Husband. These were my anniversary flowers.  :)

 

 What is this? This is the pattern for the Season 1 Star Trek TNG Deanna Troi uniform.  Do you know what that means? it means that it's about a month from BayCon and I really really need to get my trek costume together! My thrifting has gone very well for my 7th Dr. (female version), so this is the biggest project I have right now. It's a big sewing project for me since I don't really have any skill in sewing. I'm hoping I can go to a fabric store next weekend with someone who knows how to pick the right fabric for a project.  I'll let you know how it goes, of course.


And do you remember about the mis-matched sasquatch socks? When I went to purchase the yarn to match those socks....I fell down and ended up with way too much sock yarn. You can see the two balls I actually needed in the bottom right corner of the picture. Whoops.







But look at this! A finished project! With all that new sock yarn coming in, I had to start making some room. This is my 2nd pair of finished socks from stitches yarn - that's THIS YEAR'S stitches yarn! This is what happens when you buy yarn that you're excited about. I'll probably only make it half way through my 15 skiens of stitches sock yarn, but at least that's farther than most people get right off. And besides, with that much sock yarn, I can definitely get a jump on my making my Christmas socks. I owe my stepdad a couple pairs from last year when I made his too small.




And here we have last week's progress on my next pair of stitches socks next to my management textbook. I took this pic before I got back from my business trip. I didn't get too far on the socks as I had to read some of this book. So far, I can't tell if it's going to be a useful book for me or not - but but it is interesting. If only I'd been managing for less than 90 days...... Although check out those lovely colors in my stitches yarn! I hope you think it's nice as I have 5 balls of it, which translates to 5 or 6 pairs of socks.
 I have a couple of more projects in progress. A couple of these are shown in this post. These are premie socks for the hospital.
And this is my 2nd daybreak. Although the colors turned out a little strange........

1 comment:

Susan said...

Not sure what the color issue is with the Daybreak. On my screen the two colors work well together. Hope they end up working well for you.

Happy 6 months to the two of you.