Friday, July 10, 2009

Mental Health Alcohol Services






Here we have the very amusing sign at the hospital by my place. Mental Health Alcohol Services! Why, I agree. Alcohol is a nice way to soothe what ails! However, I think therapy might be a better thing to advise.....but that's just me.







Here are some Spirogyra that I made for a good friend. This was taken after I had to fix them because they began to unravel (due to my poor finishing work). How embarrassing!!







And lastly, here we have my glorious new orafice hook! The boyfriend made this for me the other day out of some odds and ends he had around. You can't see in this picture, but there is a beautiful brass filigree where the rod meets the beads. Simply gorgeous. I love it! And, the best part - - - it's functional! Yes, my favorite part of beautiful things is that they can still maintain their utility.

1 comment:

Desi said...

One of my favorite signs was in a classy dress shop some years ago:
Ladies' dresses for street walking.
Nice.