Thursday, February 03, 2011

January 2011 Roundup!


 What did I make in January 2011? (*Note, not all items were STARTED in January 2011)
  • 2 pairs of booties (as far as I can remember, there may have been more)
  • 1 Baby Hat (Aviatrix pattern - with modification of a big fucking cabbage rose of dooooom!)
  • 1 Pair of socks for my Mom for next Christmas (yes, you read that right)
  • 1 Pair of Tardis socks for a friend to give to another friend.
  • 1 Shawl  (Rowan - "Purity")
  • 1 Cowl ("Good Luck Cowl" - pictured in an earlier post
  • Plied 1 braid of Pigeon Roof in blue
  • Spun 8 oz of assorted Crown Mountain singles (Atlantis and???)
  • 1 Giraffe stuffed animal (featured in an earlier post)
I think that's all I finished in Jan.......the spinning isn't all done - but I consider plying to be a finished stage because I may leave them that way. The blue was plied, it is amazing!

And here's the selfish to non-selfish ratio for finished knitted items for the month: 1/7, or 14% selfish and 86% non-selfish.
  • 7 items for someone else
  • 1 item for me


Now, how about some pictures of things I made this month that were not shown before?




The usual baby booties in wool left overs - these, I believe, are going to be donated to the hospital






The Second Pair of Booties - in raw silk, designed by me for R&D, who have a wool allergy issue


The baby hat! Made in Organic Cotton for R&D. Used the Aviatrix pattern and made a huge cabbage rose to sass it up!


 





Socks for my Mumzie! These are so weird. The yarn has 3 distinct color-ways in it. Totally random. But the skiens are so generous that I am now working on a pair for me.
   



 The Purity Shawl from Rowan. Modeled on it's lovely new owner, Ph. It's a ton of  gater stitch lace. It was originally supposed to be selfish, but it really belonged to her.





The Tardis Socks! These have been making the rounds on the internet. This was a stretch for me as I haven't done colorwork in the round in a long time - and I'm not the best at any sort of embroidery. But I actually did ok! (PS - this cascade sock yarn was AMAZING)







And here are the Crown Mountain Singles I spun.

  






And the Pigeon Roof laceweight that I plied

 


1 comment:

Fluffykira said...

The Tardis socks ROCK! And the spinning is gorgeous too! :)