Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Miss Kalendar is homeward bound and what she knitted on the trip







The two flights home from North Carolina took all day, literally, even though I had to run through the airport to make my connecting flight and, thus, didn't manage to get anything to eat (note the deathly pallor). This post features pictures from the airport and what I knitted while on my trip. I'm in the Lime and Violet sock marathon 2009 in Ravelry, and this trip allowed me to double my goal and knit two pairs of socks in one month. Good thing, since I don't know if my job and upcoming podcast ambition will allow me to keep up with the marathon over the next few months.

The completed items are the Kew socks from Knitty.com and the Whisper Lace Socks that were available on Ravelry. The Whisper Lace Socks had a picot cuff with a construction that I'd never seen before. Ingenious picot! I very much enjoyed making both pairs of socks. The Kew have a great leafy lace that is just charming, and the Whisper Lace socks have a darling eyelet back, which is nice and stretchy in order to hug the ankle and widen over the calf.


No comments: