Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Miss Kalendar Likes to Dress Up





Cosplay, Re-enacting, and Dressing up in general are all parts of my life. One of the things I like best is to get into costume and then go somewhere mundane. I like that people stare and I like to think that they may get inspired to dress up as well. Once, at a Burger King after Dickens Fair, in my full Christmas Victorian, a little girl was staring at me. In a whisper, not moving her eyes from my dress, she asked her mother, "Is she a princess?" I loved that moment. I love feeling like I'm showing people, especially children, that dress-up doesn't have to end just because you grew up. That you can be who you want and wear what you want in your free time. Granted, I can't dress up this way at work, but that's why they pay me to go there, not the other way around.

So, here are some pictures of my friends and I going to the Scarlet Pimpernel Ball (I know I must have just misspelled that......) Miss Kalendar is in the cream flowered dress, they man is in pirates, and the fiend is in red.

1 comment:

Adie said...

You look wonderful! A perfect lady.