Friday, January 28, 2011

Inquisitive Giraffe is Inquisitive

Inquisitive Giraffe says: "Oh hai, whatreyou doing?"




I kind of love this little guy. This is the 2nd giraffe I've made from the same pattern (purchased from MochiMochiLand)  The first was for my friend Truthy5000 (I just came up with that nickname, but it is super-accurate, trust me). The second one was made when Truthy5000 asked me to make one for a friend of hers who was expecting. This is usually when my BFF Jasmin will start rolling her eyes about how I can't say no (Does that make me an EASY knitter?) But, well, Truthy5000 is someone I like and respect, so she deserved it.

In other news, just about 3 more days left in January 2011. I'm using the end of the month as a sort of deadline for me to finish some of my projects. Think of it as a personal challenge. It's also a good way for me to focus on finishing someone that's near completion rather than working on 4 or 5 things that are all relatively new. It's quite a slog type of thing. But, along with finishing knitting stuff I also need to work on other items that were neglected over late fall and winter. Namely:

1. Unpacking (and this may be the most frightening one)
2. Upping my green-ness (still trying to make one or more little changes each month)
3. Figuring out the hew house yard set-up for gardening
4. Determining what I should plant for food as seedlings and doing it
5. Investigating getting fruit trees
6. Truly managing my yarn and fibre stash. I was AMAZED at the amount of handpun and unfished projects I have. Time to get that sorted right out!



Wish me luck, me hearties. Yo'-freaking-ho!



No comments: